CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Our State Fair is the Best State Fair!

I love going to the state fair. Ever since that day that mom and i just randomly decided to go one evening on my way home from work i have had a place in my heart for the fun that can be had at the fair. I've even entered the photography contest, didn't win, but it was cool to have my pictures hanging in the exhibit. So the other day some friends and I went to the fair and had a blast! Highlights including...

Funny Pictures with friends. (yay state fair dance!)

The Famous Butter sculpture (did you know that they freeze and reuse the butter year after year? I'm surprised, I would think that it would lose some carveable texture, but what do I know about butter carving conditions)

The 'Tigers of India" show. I loved this show. It was so cool to see the tigers, but they were playing music from Rhythm of the Pridelands during the whole thing so to geeky me it was 'Tigers of India in Africa (in Utah).'



Oh and the food!


I had a Foot long corndog,
These fresh fried chips. (they spiral cut and cook them right there. Amy and I shared them)
A deep Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich. I thought it was good, but the cooks were not like you saw in the commercial.
Fresh Grilled Corn on the Cob. Best thing at the fair!

We had so much fun. I got some cool new Jewelry that doubles as magnet therapy. We didn't make it into the animal pens, but did get to go into the quilting room. I can't wait for next year!

5 comments:

Jeanelle said...

Ohhh how fun! I love going to the fair but don't think I'm making it to ours this year. My fave things are the corn dogs (called Krusty Pups here) and a Cow Chip chocolate chip cookie. YUM! Oh and I love looking at the cows and other animals. I love fairs.

Kristy said...

Deep fried peanut butter and jelly!!?! Sign me UP!! Deep fried = delicious.

I'm glad you entered your photography! That is so awesome.

The Goodrich's said...

I also love the State Fair! We missed the butter sculpture-where was that? We also didn't try the PB&J but it looked so good with the chocolate on top.

You definitely missed out by not going to see the animals! Ha ha...

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

There is nothing like the food at the fair...glad you had a good time!

Heather and Trevor said...

That is so funny! I love the animals! The food looks so great too! Oh My Gosh! Are you so excited for Pushing Daisies!?!? I am freaking out! So jealous that you have season one! Maybe we can watch it together next time we are in cousin land!? I heard you are coming down this week! :) YAY! I am sorry that I didn't call you back. THat message made my whole week and I wanted you to know that! I love you! :)