One of my favorite Halloween activities is pumpkin carving. I get totally obsessed with finding new patterns and planning what i want to carve. I was fortunate this year to go to California with my Grandma to carve pumpkins at my relatives house. Dr. Craig carves hundreds of pumpkins at his house every year and lights them up for Halloween and lots of people come to see them. I carved a total of 13 of the 448 pumpkins that were done. We (there were at least a hundred people total) had 9 pallets of pumpkins to work with and 3 days to carve them. I must say, that i am very proud of the works of art that i came up with and it was so fun to stand around and hear people comment on my pumpkins. I can't wait to go again next year!
My pumpkins were
- Gone batty
- transformers
- Got Candy
- Ball heads (carved into a little pumpkin on the roof)
- Cat got your tounge
- Mona Lisa
- Harry Potter
- Hagrid
- Mad eye Moody
- Voldemort
- Severus Snape
- Sirius Black
- Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde


6 comments:
Yay! You're a Blogger now!! Welcome. :) I LOVE your pumpkins. The Harry Potter ones are of course my FAVORITE. I can't wait for next year--I want to come too! Love your guts out. -J
Welcome to the blogging world! I LOVE the pumpkins! I think our kids would love to see that someday!
Wow! I don't think I ever really understood the whole event until seeing those pictures! That's alot of pumpkins! You are a very talented pumpkin carver, you know!
Tom was going to carve Mona Lisa this year, but time got away from him. He'll be happy to know that you did it. Last year he did an awesome Harry Potter & the year before that he did Gordon B. Hinkley.
Sounds like such a fun event! Love you, Alesa.
yay! I am so glad your blogging! You will be super addicted! It's awesome! I LOVE THE PUMPKINS! Harry rocks! Your amazing!
Alesa Shelby, my dear friend! Thanks for commenting on my blog, and making me aware of the new existence of your happy blog! I, too, LOVE love love carving pumpkins. This year I carved one of the headless horseman, which I was pretty proud of. But I didn't secure the horse's head or the jack-o-lantern head very well, and they started drooping the very next day, so I was sad. I never got a good picture. Anyway, keep blogging! I loved the clip of you on Jenelle's blog of her surprising you on your birthday. It gave me a little chuckle so thanks for brightening my day!
Post a Comment