CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

On becoming an Adult


Anyone still out there? Yes. Oh good. I want your Opinion.
I am turning 30 this month and in addition to giddyness anticipating a fantastic birthday trip (Disneyworld here we come!) I have also been feeling very reflective. So before I release my thoughts from their personal incubator I wanted to put it out to my friends who are older and younger than I on what you think about turning 30, what you thought when you turned 30. Please comment.
To me 30 is the age where you are no longer a "young adult." so what now.





ps I promise to give pictures and reports of the trip as well as some of my thoughts, if I get comments.

7 comments:

Dana said...

I would say 30 is the new 20, but that would suck...but 40 is the new 30... Right? I think 30 is going to be awesome! I'm excited to turn 30... But you know what I'm most excited for?

Disneyworld, baby!!! Here we come! I can't wait! 3 days!!! Yippeee!

Malia said...

Hi Alesa! I turn 30 in March and, well, I have very mixed feelings about it. I WANT to be one of those people that totally embraces 30 and appreciates every moment of what 30 years of life has taught me. However, other times I think of it and I want to curl up in a ball and cry and be, um, 22 (that was a good age), again. Or maybe even 8 when you and I were BFFs without a care in the world. I guess the truth is we can't change it so taking my first approach and embracing it will probably bring the most joy. :) Enjoy Disneyworld and have a very Happy Birthday! Sending you hugs!

Jer and Jealin said...

Hello psuedo sis! I turn 30 next October. Lots of my friends are freaking out about it. I have to say, I have never had an issue with age. I don't think that being 30 will feel much different than being 29. I am just excited to grow and for all the experiences in the future. For example...Maybe someday I will get to go to Disneyworld! :) I love you and hope you have an amazing birthday!

L said...

I am trying not to think about turning 30...but I guess it is inevitable :)

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR PICTURES!!!!!! Have the best trip ever!

I think you will be a darling 30 year old! This is your year girl!!

Chefwife said...

Alesa, I will be 32 this December and the last 2 years have been incredible. I was more anxious to turn 25 than 30. You will love being 30! It is a great time in life. :)

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Oh Aleas i am so excited for you, cant wait for a report of the trip!!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

hmmm, did you give up on blogging? Where are you girl?