3 Nephi 12:15
Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house;
I had an opportunity to sing a duet, as well as in the choir at our stake's Easter fireside. I feel very fortunate to be given the chance to share my talents. At first I was really intimidated. I was singing with a friend who has an amazing voice and has been taking vocal training for a long time. I haven't had a private lesson since college. But I have sung in wonderful choirs with amazing conductors that have taught me well. And I had to trust in the amazing woman that asked me to sing.
It was a beautiful song about the Savior, and I got to sing (in my opinion) the best note in the whole song. I did mess up a little bit, but I think I was the only one to notice (I sang a few to many words but got back on track quickly)
Today on the radio there was a girl asking advice about getting over stage fright. The host made a comment that if you are not happy sharing your gifts then they are gone. I am glad that I have and take the opportunities to share my talents, to let my light out of the bushel once in a while.
Monday, March 24, 2008
A peek under the bushel
Posted by
Alesa
at
12:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this post. I've never heard you sing before. Maybe I could have a private talent show? You are amazing and I seriously love you. Sistas forever, right. :) Did I say I love you???
It was a beautiful duet! You have a great voice and I love hearing you sing. :)
Post a Comment